Fueled by artificial intelligence, ChatGPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is an AI chatbot that uses advanced natural language processing (NLP) to engage in realistic conversations with humans. ChatGPT can generate articles, fictional stories, poems and even computer code. ChatGPT also can answer questions, engage in conversations and, in some cases, deliver detailed responses to highly specific questions and queries.
ChatGPT is written in the GPT-3.5 language technology, an artificial intelligence model made by OpenAI. It has been trained on a massive amount of text data from various sources. What makes GPT distinct is that it generates near-human text based on its prediction capability. You talk to it, and it works out the following word in the sequence based on all the words you have used earlier. It would be tough to distinguish what GPT generates from what an actual human would say. This means it is valuable for language translation, generating text, chatbot responses, or any other flow where a natural conversational flow is needed.
How does ChatGPT work?
- The model has been trained using RLHF – Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback
- Data collection is done slightly differently than the earlier models through a more supervised, fine-tuned method.
- Human AI trainers come up with conversations in which they play both the user and the AI assistant.
- The new database was combined with the earlier InstructGPT data and transformed into a dialogue format.
- Comparison data is collected from two or more model responses, ranked by quality – information is collected from conversations that AI trainers had with the chatbot.
- Several iterations of this process are conducted, and the model is fine-tuned.
Some Use Cases of This Technology
Here are some quick examples of how Chat GPT could streamline roles
- Customer Support: AI-driven chatbots can provide 24/7 customer support, helping to answer customer queries quickly and effectively.
- Healthcare: AI-driven chatbots can provide personalized medical advice and help to diagnose health issues.
- Business Intelligence: AI-driven chatbots can provide real-time insights into customer behavior, market trends, and more.
- Legal advice: Lawyers can use chat GPT to provide legal advice to their clients quickly and efficiently and easily search for relevant legal information and case law.
Future of ChatGPT
It’s highly likely that within a few years the ChatGPT platform and other AI-based NLP tools will play a major role in the business world and in everyday life.
AI chatbots and other NLP systems are rapidly redefining and rewiring the way humans and machines interact. In the coming years, ChatGPT and others will enable new products, services and features. Businesses leaders should monitor the technology, experiment with it and be ready to move forward when the right opportunity appears.